General Assistance Program
Joshua Tweeton - Director
Funded By: United States Environmental Protection Agency
THE PRIMARY PURPOSE OF G.A.P. IS TO:
- Identify baseline environmental needs in order to build capacity to administer an environmental program or develop a Tribal environmental program that is tailored to individual Tribal needs.
- Establish the administrative, legal, technical and enforcement capability of Tribes to develop and implement a Tribal environmental program, including the capacity to manage EPA-delegated programs.
- Foster compliance with federal environmental statues by developing appropriate Tribal environmental programs, ordinances, and public education and outreach programs.
- Establish a Tribal communications capability to work with Federal, State, Local, Tribal and other environmental officials.
- Establish the Tribal capacity to develop and implement management programs through program-specific assistance.